CONTRIBUTED BY: ANDREW AND SARAH MURRAY
Electric hand held or stand mixer
Baking sheet and parchment paper
1 stick/½ cup of butter, melted
3 cups fat free powdered milk or oat bran or oat flour
½ cup raisins, free of additives
1 cup pure cane sugar
3 egg yolks, pastured (read label on egg carton
1 tsp pure vanilla extract[
½ tsp salt
Coconut oil for greasing baking sheet
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes or until golden brown
1. Set oven at 375 F / 180 C.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium heat being careful not to burn.
3. Beat egg yolks and sugar with electric mixer on medium/high until creamy
and pour in butter and blend.
4. Pour in powdered milk, oat bran or oat flour and melted butter and mix until blended. If the batter seems too dry, add a little water.
5. Grease cookie sheet and cover with parchment paper to prevent cookies from sticking.
6. Spoon tbsp-sized cookie batter portions onto cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between. Pat down cookies to desired thickness using a spoon.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
8. Cool on rack.
SOME TIPS AND COMMENTS
Experiment by adding 1 tsp vanilla extract and/or ½ - 1 cup chocolate chips.
SERVE WITH MILK!!!
Keep in an airtight container once they are cooled.