This recipe is very easy to make. The important thing is to select ingredients that do not have additives and preservatives.
CONTRIBUTED BY: DODIE ANDERSON
9-inch baking dish/pie plate
Handheld electric mixer or stand mixer
16 ozs cream cheese, free of gums and additives
½ cup pure cane sugar
3 eggs, pasture raised (read label on carton)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream, free of additives
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 Tbsp pure cane sugar
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For the cheesecake:
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease baking dish/pie plate with coconut oil.
2. Whip cream cheese.
3. Add eggs to cream cheese one at a time, beating well.
4. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
5. Pour batter into a baking dish or pie plate.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
For the topping:
Combine topping ingredients and blend with an electric mixer.
Scoop topping over cheesecake to within ½ inch of plate edge.
Allow topping to firm in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
SOME TIPS AND COMMENTS
Can substitute mascarpone cheese for cream cheese and crème fraiche for sour cream.
Add fresh fruit toppings. Blend in coffee or cocoa to change the flavor of the cheesecake.
Cheesecake will keep in the fridge for 1 week to ten days.