CONTRIBUTED BY: DODIE ANDERSON
2 eggs, pastured (read label on egg carton)
2 Tbsp heavy cream
2 slices sourdough bread
1 Tbsp coconut oil (92F)
2-3 Tbsp butter
Powdered pure cane sugar for garnish
Light maple syrup and/or filtered honey
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 minutes per slice
1. Preheat the oven to 200F/100C.
2. Whisk eggs and cream together.
3. Soak bread by pouring the egg mixture onto a flat dish and laying each slice in it. Flip to soak the other side. Soak for about 1 minute on each side or until completely soaked through.
4. Melt the butter and coconut oil together in the frying pan on medium heat.
5. Carefully transfer slices of bread from the flat dish to a hot frying pan (test by tossing a few drops of water onto the pan. If they sizzle, the pan is hot enough!) and fry the egg-soaked slices until they are golden brown on both sides.
6. Place cooked slices in a warm oven until all the bread is cooked and it is time to serve.
7. Serve with maple syrup and/or filtered honey and dust with powdered sugar.
SOME TIPS AND COMMENTS
Pour any leftover egg mix on top of bread slices as they are cooking so that you use up all the eggs!
YIELD 1-2 servings
Serve with crispy bacon, fresh fruit juice and fruit.
STORAGE SUGGESTION: Eat immediately.