This recipe is for people who do not have many sensitivities and have strong digestion. Note that many ingredients are optional making it easier to digest. Pick and choose from the optional ingredients and create your own meatloaf masterpiece!
CONTRIBUTED BY: DODIE ANDERSON
9x5x3 inch/23x13x8 cm baking pan, if possible use a glass casserole dish
Large mixing bowl
2 oz/60 g sun dried tomatoes
1 medium onion, finely chopped (optional)
1 bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp coconut oil (92 degrees), or butter
1 lb grass-fed beef
6 oz/170 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 beaten eggs, pastured
2 cloves garlic
1 slice sourdough bread
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp basil (optional)
½ tsp dried oregano (optional)
1/2 tsp dried thyme (optional)
1 tsp pickling salt
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C. Grease the baking pan with coconut oil.
2. Place sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
3. Let tomatoes stand for 10 minutes until softened. Then drain, chop finely. and set aside.
4. Tear sourdough bread into pieces and soften in milk in a bowl.
5. Sauté onion, bell pepper and coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat until onion turns translucent.
6. Combine onion, bell pepper, ground beef, sun dried tomatoes, bloomed gelatin, softened bread pieces, cheese and seasonings in a large bowl.
7. Press mixture into loaf pan.
8. Bake for one hour.
9. When done, let it rest for five to ten minutes and then slice it in a pan and serve.
SOME TIPS AND COMMENTS
Freezes well so consider making a large volume to have on hand for future meals.
Enjoy with mashed potatoes and a carrot salad (see CARROT SALAD recipe).