CONTRIBUTED BY: LOUISE DORIAN
Stainless steel or iron frying pan
2 Nixtamalized tortillas
2 oz hard cheese (e.g., Manchego or Comte)
½ cup cooked mushrooms (Basic Mushroom Preparation Recipe)
Pinch pickling salt
Optional: raw or cooked carrot
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Five minutes in a toaster oven or convection oven set at 350
1. Soak tortillas in water for five minutes. Lightly pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Grate cheese and sprinkle it on tortillas.
3. Top cheese with mushrooms (and optional raw or cooked carrot).
4. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
5. Bake in oven for five minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve as a light meal with a piece of fruit or as a snack.
Not applicable! Enjoy it freshly made.