CONTRIBUTED BY: MIMI DUCLOS
Medium bowl for blooming the gelatin
4 cups freshly squeezed, sweet, strained orange juice
2 Tbsp high quality, non-hydrolyzed gelatin powder
2 Tbsp pure cane sugar
Optional: 2 Tbsp marmalade (see our delicious Marmalade recipe)
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: Approximately 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 hours in the fridge to set
1. Pour 1 cup cold orange juice into a bowl.
2. Sprinkle gelatin on top of the juice and leave it to “bloom” for 10-15 minutes. This means the orange juice will gel. Make sure all the gelatin granules are submerged in the juice.
3. Bring remaining 3 cups of orange juice to boil with the sugar and optional marmalade.
4. Pour into the bowl, mix well with gelatin and refrigerate.
SOME TIPS AND COMMENTS
1. Any fruit juice will work well, except pineapple.
2. Add fresh fruit or canned fruit for variety.
Approximately 4-6 servings
Drink "as is" or put in the fridge and let gel. Serve alone or with heavy cream or whipped cream or a little Haagen Daz vanilla ice cream.
Store in the fridge and, if you want a drink, melt the jello in a saucepan on low heat (or microwave) until liquid.