CONTRIBUTED BY: DODIE ANDERSON
Coconut oil (92F)
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
2. Peel butternut squash with a peeler. Carefully push the peeler away from you. It is a tough exercise but worth it! Chop squash into edible cubes. You can often find squash peeled and chopped in your supermarket which saves time.
3. Spread cubes on a cookie sheet greased with coconut oil.
4. Dribble coconut oil and sprinkle salt on cubes.
5. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. When cooked, place on a serving dish and drizzle with maple syrup.
SOME TIPS AND COMMENTS
Have this as an occasional treat. We do not recommend eating it too often or in large quantities due to the starch and beta carotene, which can both affect the metabolism negatively.
One medium sized squash could serve 4.
Enjoy with a protein of any kind.