CONTRIBUTED BY: DODIE ANDERSON and JON ANDERSON
Large pot or one that will comfortably fit the chosen number of potatoes
Yukon Gold potatoes, preferably organic
Coconut oil (92F) or beef/lamb tallow
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: Approximately 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: Approximately 1 hour
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F / 220 C and put a baking sheet in the oven to heat it up.
2. Peel potatoes and cut them into ¾ inch/1.75 cm cubes.
3. Bring a pot of salty water to boil and parboil the potatoes for two minutes.
4. Drain potatoes from boiling water and then return them to the empty pot to cool and dry.
5. Melt enough coconut oil/tallow in the base of a skillet to cover the potatoes.
6. When dried and cooled, salt the potatoes and fry them in the oil-ready skillet for 5 minutes or until crispy.
7. Remove fried potatoes to the hot baking sheet from the oven. Spread them out evenly.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Depends on the amount of potatoes you use.
Salt to taste and enjoy with a meal or as a snack with protein such as milk.