CONTRIBUTED BY: DODIE ANDERSON
2-4 ozs calves liver
1 Tbsp butter
Pickling salt to taste
1-2 Tbsp beef broth (see our delicious Gelatinous Stock recipe or buy organic beef broth. Do not use bouillon cubes which are filled with additives and preservatives.)
1-2 Tbsp fresh cream
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1. Melt butter until bubbly on medium heat.
2. Add thinly sliced liver.
3. For liver cooked rare, sauté for 2 minutes. Pull the saucepan off the burner and flip the liver slice to cook the other side for three minutes.
DO NOT OVERCOOK LIVER because it will be tough with an unpleasant taste!
1. Remove liver to serving dish, replace saucepan on burner and add broth.
2. Cook the broth down on medium heat to thicken for 2 minutes.
3. Add cream.
4. Cook down until desired consistency.
5. Pour gravy over warm liver.
Mashed potatoes or potatoes fried in coconut oil and lightly salted pair well with the liver.